I had a lot of things I wanted to write about the next time I got on here. I just got back from CCU and New Mex; God just filled me up to overflowing. It is something beautiful to be completely surrounded by so many people that look so much like Jesus. When I put together the pieces of what I see in them, I'm awed by the reflection of what He looks like.
Then...tonight. Dear Jesus, be close.
One of the high schoolers called me; it was the first time I've found out like that. A car wreck -- again. In February, we lost a 20-year-old and a 16-year-old ... last month, we lost a 19-year-old in a roll-over ... last week, we lost two middle aged men who were only about 15 miles out of town.
Tonight we lost a teacher, a guy who worked in the high school. The details are still sketchy, but what I've heard makes you shake. God is working in this place, and something doesn't like it. Jesus, make Yourself known, even now, especially now...
Glory to the One who takes what is ugly and horrific in His hands, and we can trust Him to bring beauty from the ash.
No comments:
Post a Comment