Monday, June 15, 2009

Love and Grace

I'm not sure where to start. It's been a year now, a year since I moved here, and I feel like some things are beginning to make sense now that didn't before. Maybe the lens is gradually focusing.

Love and grace. Neither ever run out, not when they come from Him. Sometimes we love and love and love ... and the ones we love kick us in the face. We cry, beating our fists against the wall, hurting because it isn't fair. Does He know how much it hurts?



Yes. Yes, He knows.

How many times have I been the one to kick Him in the face? And yet He RUNS down the road to meet me when I turn and come home...

Life is amplified here, maybe because this is where I'm meant to be. Glory to the One who always brings the sun up in the east, where the lodges face... His mercies are new every morning.

1 comment:

  1. You are a good writer, Lauren. I so enjoy reading about how God is growing and guiding you.

    I wish so greatly that I could come visit you this summer, but I don't see any way to make it work.

    But you know, there's always those three day weekends in the fall...

    ReplyDelete